Pimps Don’t Cry
The Other Guys is a movie where Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell are NYC detectives. Wahlberg’s character, Terry Hoitz, hates Ferrell’s character Allen Gamble, but they’re partners. Gamble is a former forensic accountant and is happy doing paperwork. Hoitz is itching to get some action. Once star detectives Highsmith and Danson are “put out of commission” the city is left with space for two detectives to take charge.
- The cast is great. Wahlberg, Ferrell, Michael Keaton, Eva Mendes, & Steve Coogan are all hilarious.
- “You should’ve shot A-Rod” I couldn’t agree more.
- There are so many funny moments. This was probably the most I’ve laughed at a movie this year.
- Ferrell’s back-story is so ridiculous, but very funny.
- The end credits are informative and nice to look at.
- It takes the movie a while to finally establish what it’s actually going to be about. That’s why I only said what I did about it before, that’s really all the movie is about for the first 40 minutes.
- Sometime it’s a little too ridiculous and sometimes the jokes just fall flat. An FBI joke in 2010? Are you for real?
The Other Guys is definitely worth the money. Like I said, it’s one of the funnier movies to come out this year. Go see it while you still can. Unless you hate Will Ferrell or Mark Wahlberg, or both.