In the last episode before a four week break for Parks & Rec, entitled “Lucky” we find Leslie getting ready for a television interview with Buddy Wood, who is known for getting candidates in Indiana elected after a strong interview and endorsement. Buddy is forced to cancel which sends Ben into an overworking mode, and allows Leslie to go out for a few drinks with Tom and Ann…which backfires when Buddy can indeed have the interview due to a delayed flight.
- We get to encounter drunk Leslie again, who is always guaranteed chaos. It seems nearly the entire cast of the show has a fantastic ability to play drunk.
- The writers realizing not EVERYONE has to be dating someone, such as with things not working out with Chris and Linda, because she claims to have just been out of a relationship.
- Ron clearly charming Linda, as is obvious when Chris leaves and Linda immediately invites Ron over for the night.
- Ron in his Tiger Woods attire.
- April continually trying to (or incidentally causing people to) get people to hook up. It backfires on her in some way every time, which works great with her “why do/should I care?!” attitude
- Nick Offerman wrote this episode, which seems fitting in retrospect, with how Ron’s character ended up playing a both background and central role, depending on your point of view (he barely speaks after the first 3-4 minutes of the episode, then finishes strong at the end)
- I REALLY wanted to see how Leslie’s drunken interview would effect her campaign, so the destruction of the tapes by the airline workers she was friendly with was a bit of a let down.