Game of Thrones – An Unfamiliar Perspective – Episodes 1 & 2
I am not familiar with the A Song of Ice and Fire series that Game of Thrones comes from. I do plan on reading them now after having seen the show and liking it, but that leaves me with a sense of wonder that only someone that hasn’t read any of the books could get. I have absolutely no idea what’s going to happen and that leaves me with a lot of questions that someone who has read the book would consider ridiculous.
I also don’t really want to be told the answer to any of these questions if they have been answered in the books.
Episode 1- Winter is Coming
- What the hell was that thing that killed those two guys in the beginning of the first episode? I get that this is a universe in which dragons are supposed to have existed, but are there really monsters? Or was that a 13th Warrior type fake out to scare their victims?
- Ned Stark keeps harping on how winter is coming. What happens in winter that is so significant?
- If there are no direwolves south of the wall, then how did the dead direwolf end up there? What is the significance of the direwolf pups? Are they linked to the Stark children?
- What happens to Jon Snow’s direwolf when he leaves for the wall?
- They mention gods, or even different sets of gods. Are they Norse or something that really exists? Or just made up gods?
- After watching the kid climb I couldn’t help but think “How much was this inspired by Assassin’s Creed?”
- Is it ever explained how Robert becomes king? Also, what the hell happened to Ned’s sister?
- Did Viserys say “bewake” or “awake” the dragon? And what the hell does that mean?
- How did Viserys get to be such a creepy weirdo?
- Why is Sansa so all about that little shit Joffrey?
- The relationship between Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow is very intriguing. Do they become friends?
- How old is Rob, the oldest Stark child? Around 19 or 20?
- Why are two twins having sex with each other?!!!
Episode 2 – The Kingsroad
- So the Dothracki ride AND eat their horses?
- Are we ever going to get to go to the Shadowlands?
- Could the scene of Tyrion slapping Joffrey be any better?
- How the hell did Bran survive the fall from that tower?
- When do we get to hear what Bran has to say?
- You have to wonder if Catelyn has been pissed at Jon Snow for his entire life.
- What is the deal with Jon Snow’s mother? Why won’t Ned Stark just tell him now?
- What did Rhaegar Targaryen do?
- What’s the significance of the dragon eggs?
- And why is Daenerys now seemingly obsessed with dragons?
- Why couldn’t Nymeria have just killed Joffrey?
- What turned Cersei into such a bitch?
- Again, what’s the significance of the direwolves? Bran’s direwolf , Summer, whimpers right before Lady is killed. And when Lady is killed Bran wakes up.
There you go. Those are all the questions I have after seeing the first two episodes of Game of Thrones. I’d love to hear from other people who’ve watched the shows, but never read the books to know what they think, or if they have any other questions.
Damn, I just started reading the show guide and answered some of the questions for myself. Mostly the ones dealing with the history of the Starks, Targaryens, and Lannisters