30 Rock – Standards and Practices
Ok, yes, this aired a week ago, but why not read the recap now in preparation for tonight’s episode?
After an America’s Kids Got Singing fiasco organized by Jack’s nemesis, 15-year-old Kaylie Hooper, Kenneth is promoted in the standards department and is tasked with cracking down on TGS. Meanwhile Jack is faced with the decision to help or destroy his nemesis, Tracy is fasting for a medical procedure, and Jenna is getting in touch with six kids born from eggs she donated.
- The kids on America’s Kids Got Singing were drunk
- “I feel like Oscar the Grouch today, and not just because I woke up in a garbage can this morning startling someone named Gordon” – Tracy
- “Don’t adopt, that child is better off in Somalia, it could be a pirate or a warlord’s concubine.” – Liz to Jenna
- Jack tortures the kids in funny ways to find out who got them drunk
- We find out Kenneth’s name is a nickname
- “OK, I’m still fasting because I misread my calendar. Tomorrow is my colonoscopy. Today was my meeting with Colin O’Scopy” – Tracy
- Liz’s menstrual information
- Jenna’s kids turn on her
- “I do respect you“ – Liz “Then wash my feet with your hair” – Kenneth
- When everything comes to a head it’s amazing!
- Kenneth live-bleeping Tracy is one the greatest things I’ve seen on TV in a while.
- “What are you doing here Kaylie Hooper?” – Jack “Enjoying my total lack of adult supervision. I just had fruit roll-ups for dinner, at a strip club. “ – Kaylie
- The part after the story ends, the Kenneth Toilethole part, is dumb.
“Standards and Parctices” was a great episode. Like I said, Kenneth live-beeping Tracy’s stand-up routine was one of the funniest things I’ve seen on TV in a while. I laughed so hard I accidentally threw my head back into a wall, and was still laughing.